In softer soils with water levels of 8 meter or less a tube well can also be made with a the Mzuzu drill using a Soil punch and bailer.
Advantages compared to SHIPO drilling
- Is much cheaper
- Less tools and skills needed
- Easier to see the soil coming out
Disadvantages compared SHIPO drilling
- Can not go as deep
- More difficult in hard soils less percussion force
- With a soil punch and tube bailer , tube well can be made in areas with soft , sandy soils
- With a bailer on a tube, sand is pumped out and the PVC pipe (screen) goes down.
- Cost depends on soil type, length of screen and diameter of casing
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/281299802" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>